30 Hour Provision
At Barnburgh Primary School we offer 30 hour provision to all our 3 and 4 year olds. Please see below for more information about this.
- Some parents will be eligible for FREE 30 hour provision whilst parents who are not eligible will have the opportunity to pay for additional provision.
- All children will attend the morning nursery session which is 08:40 – 11:40. We also offer the opportunity for all nursery children to stay for dinner and for the afternoon session until 14:40.
- If you would like your child to stay for dinner and the afternoon session but you are not eligible for the 30 hour provision, we can still offer you this, at a cost of £12 plus £2 for dinner; so afternoon sessions will cost £14.
- Alternatively you may wish for your child to attend for mornings only, which is perfectly acceptable, you may wish to increase sessions at a later date.
- Additional sessions will be booked for each half term in order to plan staffing and kitchen requirements. You may change the sessions each half term only.
- We will serve your child a cold lunch e.g. a choice of sandwiches, a salad selection, and puddings and fruit. This will be served in the Foundation Stage unit. This will ensure that children have as much opportunity as possible to enjoy the provision during dinnertime including the outdoor area. If you would prefer to send your child with a packed lunch from home then you will not be charged the £2.00 for the dinner cost.
- If you would like your child to stay until 15:00, especially if you are collecting older children at 15:00, then we can accommodate this at a cost of £2.
- All our payments are made via ParentPay, we do not accept any cash payments in school.
- Please see Mr Tuhey in the office for details on how to set up your account and make payments.
Please visit www.childcarechoices.gov.uk to:
o apply for the 30 hours entitlement
o use the childcare calculator to find out what will work best for your family by comparing all of the governments childcare offers
o find out the eligibility criteria for a 30 hours free place
o You will then receive a code which you will need to bring into school for verification purposes.
The free 30 hour place can only be taken up from the beginning of the term following the date the ‘Yes’ decision on eligibility was given.
For more information about 30 hour provision, please contact our School Business Manager, Mrs Grange
We hope that this assists and supports your family.