Home Learning - English Writing
While you are working at home, I would still like you to complete writing tasks. I have set some below that you can choose from. You might want to think about completing one a week.
You can then email me them to email@example.com
I will then add them to our class page. I look forward to reading your writing.
The following home learning tasks are available for English. Click on the links to go to the websites:
Topmarks - A range of SPaG activities
Classroom Secrets - Range of interactive activities (requires a free login to be created by an adult)
Twinkl - Range of interactive activities and downloadable home learning packs (requires a free login to be created by an adult. One month free using the code UKTWINKLHELPS)
Would you rather...
Maddison and Lucas have set you a 'would you rather' challenge. Answer the questions below giving your reasons and email them to me so I can upload them underneath.
- Have permanent clown makeup or have permanent clown clothes?
- Have 3 feet or have 3 hands?
- Invent a new gadget or discover a new species?
- Have a unibrow or a full back of hair?
- Have blue skin or red skin?
- Only be able to whisper or only be able to shout?
- Be the ugliest person in the world or be the second ugliest person in the world?
- Spend every minute for the rest of your life indoors or spend every minute for the rest of your life outdoors?
- Die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain?
- Live in a world where you rule or live in a world with no problems?
- Be able to stop time or be able to fly?
- Shave all your hair off or lose all your teeth?
- Have a single pair of eyes on the back of your head or one eye on each side of your head?
'Would you rather' answers
Professor Marcello Malpighi, William Herschel, Dr Henry Faulds.
Who are these people? Choose one, find out all about them and write a biography. Examples are shown below.
Write a crime report based on the murder mystery activity on the ID topic page. Feel free to use the template below.
Write a newspaper report based on the murder mystery activity on the ID topic page.
Should you give your fingerprints and photograph to the police when you reach 18 years old?
Non Chronological Report
Write a non-chronological report linked to the topic of 'ID'. It could be about fingerprints.
Write a story about someones having a heart transplant from a different animal. We have already learnt about 'Pig Heart Boy'. If you need to watch the film again, click here
If I were...
Thinking about what is happening in the world at the minute, can you write a piece of text starting with the words 'If I were Prime Minister...'
Home Learning - SPaG
|Year 6 English Grammar and Punctuation Test 1.pdf||Download|
|Year 6 English Grammar and Punctuation Test 2.pdf||Download|
|Year 6 English Grammar and Punctuation Test 3.pdf||Download|
|Year 6 English Grammar and Punctuation Test 4.pdf||Download|
|Year 6 English Grammar and Punctuation Test 5.pdf||Download|
|Year 6 English Grammar and Punctuation Test 6.pdf||Download|
Home Learning - English Reading
Long Guided Reading Tasks
|1. Running, Leisure and Sabryna and the River Spirit Text Booklet.pdf||Download|
|2. Running, Leisure and Sabryna and the River Spirit Answer Booklet.pdf||Download|
|Endangered Answer Booklet.pdf||Download|
|Endangered Reading Booklet.pdf||Download|
|Ice Fishing Answer Booklet.pdf||Download|
|Ice Fishing Reading Booket.pdf||Download|
|Moonfleet Answer Booklet.pdf||Download|
|Moonfleet Reading Booklet.pdf||Download|
|Navy Island Answer Booklet.pdf||Download|
|Navy Island Reading Booklet.pdf||Download|