Year 5 will be taking part in the DARE programme, every Wednesday afternoon, starting on 30th September 2020.
- DARE 25 is an early intervention programme designed to help young people take safer and healthier choices, aiming to reduce offending behaviours and drug and alcohol related crime
- It is ten, one-hour lessons delivered by a specially trained DARE officer
- The lessons will take place in the child’s regular classroom. The class teacher and classroom assistants will be present, although the session is led by the DARE officer
- The lessons will involve role play, group skills sessions, discussion groups, reading and writing exercises and other interactive methods
- Lessons include age-related scenarios around knives, drugs and difference. Young people become confident in decision making through role play and discussion about risks and consequences.