Children at Barnburgh Primary School enjoy a lunch break between 12pm and 1pm. During their lunch break children may have a healthy hot dinner, cooked on site or they may bring a healthy packed lunch to school. All children eat in the dinner hall.
Children who opt for a hot meal have a choice of meal each day (see below for this week's menu plan). They make their choice each morning and are issued with a coloured band to wear on their wrist before they go into lunch. This helps the Cooks know what each child wants to eat.There is always a meat option, vegetarian option, jacket potato option or sandwich option.
It is important to us to promote healthy lifestyles and consequently we request that packed lunches do not include chocolate (including biscuits with a chocolate coating), sweets or fizzy drinks.
Children can select where they sit in the dining hall and who they wish to sit with. They are given time to eat at their own pace and once they have finished their dinner they may leave their table and go onto the playground to enjoy some of the many activities provided.
School dinners cost £2 per day and can be paid using our Parent Pay service. Children who are in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 will receive a free school meal. Children may also be able to receive free school meals if their families are in receipt of any of the following;
- Income support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of the Pensions Credit
- Child Tax Credit (providing you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Our catering service is able to provide for children with specific dietary requirements. Where this is necessary, parents are advised to contact the school office.
week commencing 9th April, 30th April, 21st May 2018