‘Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.’
At Barnburgh Primary school we are committed to enabling all children to access education successfully. This is an “inclusive” process; part of this commitment is concerned with establishing a high standard of behaviour throughout the school. The way in which pupils and adults behave has a profound effect on all the work that is undertaken. Therefore, a well thought out approach to this aspect contributes directly to both the social and learning aspects of our school.
Our aim is to:
- create an atmosphere where children are able to develop a moral awareness and are sensitive to the needs of others and one in which they will show respect and consideration for other people and property.
- praise and encourage positive attitudes to behaviour and work, and to maintain fairness and consistency, whilst encouraging self-discipline.
We recognise that high standards are best promoted when everyone (staff, parents and children) have a shared understanding of what is acceptable and unacceptable behaviour. By promoting good behaviour we can
- build individual and collective esteem and encourage good personal relationships.
- ensure a safe, caring and happy school
- promote good citizenship, good self-esteem, self-discipline and emotional intelligence
- prevent bullying.
Please click on the link below to access our behaviour policy.